John R. Liming is the author and publisher of the Liberal, left-of-center political opinion and commentary blog, “American Liberal Times.”
John is a proud Honorably Discharged Veteran of The Vietnam Era and served a total of seven years and three months in two different branches of the United States Military as follows:
(1) Regular United States Air Force from 1962 to 1966
(2) United States Army National Guard from 1957 to 1959
John knows the trials and struggles of the middle class and the poor in America because he was raised in poverty and later worked in heavy industry as a union laborer. He has known both the agonized uncertainty of poverty-stricken destitution and the joys of being able to make a decent living wage.
He is a professed non-denominational Christian but has, over the years, been associated or affiliated with several mainline American religious denominations and was, at one time, ordained as a minister in a street mission ministry dealing with the needs of the less materially blessed in an inner city environment.
John has a varied educational experience and has graduated from High School, attended a private business college and attended a major American University. He has several business-related seminars and courses to his credit including those in Photography, Advanced Business Management and Credit and Financial Analysis.
John has owned and operated several small businesses of his own in the past but much preferred the less hectic situation of working for a pay check when he was employed in both a major American Automobile Manufacturing Plant in Michigan, a Steel Construction Accessories Fabricator in Ohio and as full-charge Credit Manager of a large kitchen cabinet manufacturer. Later in his career and still at a relatively young age, he took his own background and experiences to the Industrial field where his diversification and investment strategies served him very well as an entrepreneur
Today he has want of nothing.
John prefers the ideology and agenda of the Democrat party because he feels it represents compassion and caring for those who sometimes need a little help from their government.
John rejects totally the ideology of American Conservatism because he feels it has come to represent Big Business and the richest Americans at the expense of those who are not so materially blessed. So, having entered Industry, he pursued the ideal of providing for as much opportunity for others as possible through innovative Labor-Management Relations and adopted the values in a position which he often described as “Mutuality of Interest.” (The company must always recognize its dependence on its employees as the employees recognize their dependence on the company.)
John also feels that American Conservatism has seen some shifts to a more radical right-leaning extremism over the past few years and he sees that shift as a potential threat to the fabric and foundations of our Free Democratic Republic.
His blog is intended to shed as much light on that political paradigm as possible to keep people focused on what he feels is important – – the protection and preservation of the best that is The American Tradition, The American Heart and The American Soul.
All information, posts and articles appearing in “American Liberal Times” are for informational and entertainment purposes only and represent, in their entirety, the OPINION of the blog author, John Liming unless otherwise specifically stated, described or identified.
Neither “American Liberal Times” nor it’s author, John R. Liming, make any representations whatsoever as to the accuracy, completeness, correctness, currency, suitability or validity of any information in this blog or in its posts and/or articles and will not be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in any of this information or for any claimed losses, injuries or damages, arising from the display or use of this information by others.
All information on this blog is provided on an “As Is” basis.
The following are the general guidelines for comments to articles appearing on “American Liberal Times” but these guidelines are by no means comprehensive or all-encompassing and may be edited or changed without prior notice:
(1) All submitted comments to this blog will be moderated by the blog author and the blog author is the final authority about what does or does not get published on this blog and the blog author assumes no responsibility whatsoever for explaining his decisions in the matter of publishing or rejecting proposed comments to this blog. If the comment adheres to the comment policy and if the blog author likes the comment and sees fit to allow it, he will. If he does not like a comment, he will not publish it.
(2) Comments containing links to videos will not be permitted.
(3) This is a Left of Center, Liberal Progressive Blog written by a registered Democrat and no comments containing anything that the blog author considers to be propaganda promoting a right wing agenda will be published here.
(4) Comments offered for moderation should be short and to the point and in no case should exceed 100 words in length.
(5) Comments considered to be spam will not be accepted.
(6) Any comment offered for moderation that contains any private or personal information about another person will not be accepted. Comments may not contain e-mail addresses, phone numbers or any other form of identifying information that would tend to jeopardize anyone’s privacy. Therefore any comment that contains any of this kind of information will not be accepted for this blog.
(7) Comments that contain language which is perceived to be rude or attacking toward the blog author and/or administrator of this blog will not be allowed for publication. I do not need people telling me how stupid or out of touch I am on issues on my own blog and I do not tolerate it.
(8) Comments considered by the blog author/administrator to be off point or ones that ramble on and on about unrelated topics will be edited or deleted.
(9) Comments to this blog may contain a link back to the commentator’s own site, but one is the limit. Such links may not lead back to another website other than the commenter’s own and the commenter agrees to this condition before submitting a comment for moderation on American Liberal Times.
(10) The Blog Author may or may not respond to individual comments as he sees fit and is under no obligation to answer a comment that gets published on American Liberal Times.
(11) Personal Attacks: Comments perceived by the blog author/administrator to be attacking toward the blogger or against other commentators will not be accepted or published on this blog.
(12) All Rights Reserved: the blog author/administrator reserves the right to edit, delete, move or mark as spam any and all comments and to deny any individual or any group permission to comment on this blog. This is normally accomplished by the blog author simply ignoring the submission entirely as if it had never been submitted.
(13) Every comment published on this blog is understood by all parties to be the exclusive responsibility of the commenter and not that of the blog author/owner/administrator. Anyone who submits a comment for moderation on this blog guarantees and agrees that the entire content of such submission is their own and they agree to hold American Liberal Times and John R. Liming harmless from any and all possible repercussions, damages or liabilities in connection with any publishing of such comments on this blog.
(14) Do not attempt to submit comments that speak negatively of anyone’s race, age, gender or religious preference or of their sexuality or preferred lifestyle because any such comments will be deleted.
(15) These guidelines are subject to revision at any time with or without notice by the blog author/administrator/owner.
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. ”
I take the words of that declaration with full faith and confidence in the intent of The Founding Fathers.
Fair Use Statement
This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been authorized by the copyright owner.
We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democratic, scientific and social justice issues, etc.
We believe that this constitutes a “Fair Use” of any such copyrighted materials as provided in section 107 of The United States Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond “Fair Use,” you must obtain permission from the copyright holder.
To the best of my knowledge and belief, all the images used in my blog, ” American Liberal Times” , are either in the public domain or are attributed according to the recommended license(s).
Images used on American Liberal Times come mainly from the following resources where it is claimed that all images are copyright free and can be used freely by those who wish to use them:
(1) Pixabay (2) Unsplash (3) Google Advanced Image Search (4) Pexels
Other images used on this site may come from places like Wikipedia where a “Commons” usage license is indicated.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
This information is being offered to whoever might read this blog in an attempt to comply with legal requirements imposed by both Domestic and International Law.
I am hoping that by providing this information, we are in compliance with the new European Union “Cookie Law” that I have been reading so much about as well as with other applicable laws and regulations that might apply to this blog.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU Privacy and Communications Directive). This includes information submitted voluntarily by you through a form or gathered automatically as you visit this website.
You should not submit any sensitive or private information through this website except through acknowledged secure areas. The owners of this website accept no responsibility for data submitted through insecure areas of this website.
By submitting your contact details to us, we may contact you or send you marketing materials. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
However it is not my policy to contact anyone who has not contacted me first and I have nothing to sell so I never send out marketing materials of which I am aware. To the best of my knowledge and belief I do not engage in sending out marketing e-mail other than, perhaps, invitations to subscribe to this blog which subscriptions are free and without cost or charge to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Some cookies used on this website are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Some cookies used on this website collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Some cookies used on this website allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Cookies may also be used to improve the user experience and to enable some of the functionality provided by this website.
Please note that some cookies may be placed by third party service providers who perform some of these functions (or other services) for us. Cookies are used on this website for the following third party services: Google Analytics, LinkedIn Follow button, Facebook Like Button, Twitter Follow button, Google +1 button, Add This social bookmarking tool, YouTube videos.
Some of these services may be used to track your behaviour on other websites and we have no control over this.
By continuing to use this website without adjusting your browser’s cookie settings, you agree that we can place these cookies on your device.
As is true with most websites, our server will automatically log data regarding each visit such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We may use this information to monitor server errors, server administration or to monitor visitor behaviour. It is not possible for this to be disabled on a per-user basis so you must leave this website (and the internet entirely) if you do not agree to this happening.
This privacy statement is copyrighted and is used with permission of the referenced site in the link provided below. I understand that I have permission from Open Global to use this privacy statement on my blog in return for maintaining the following link back to them and I am most happy to comply:
Thank you for your attention,
American Liberal Times Blog
Terms And Conditions Of Site Use!
1. Copyright Questions: If there is a concern about copyrights of anything in this blog please communicate that concern to the author or to the site where this blog is carried.
2. The author cannot be responsible for the availability of this site because there may be occasional unannounced service problems or temporary disabling of the blog for maintenance.
3. This Blog or its author can never be responsible for the content of other sites that the readers hereof may be led to through links or by any other means and the author cannot be responsible for the availability of any other site to this blog or its readers.
Wing Nuts And Democracy
Irrational politics when combined with one form of perversion of religion or the other equals “Wing Nut” politics or as some are fond of calling it, ” Wing Nuttery!”
Wing Nut politics is most often attributed to some of the extremes of the farthest right reaches of the political spectrum, some of which can be described as “unbalanced” or even “crazy” depending on the amount of deviation from that which is generally accepted by the larger population as the “norm.”
Radicalism is closely associated with Wing Nuttery and so is one concept or another of some degree of conservatism, ultra-conservatism, hyper-conservatism, radical conservatism or fanatic conservatism.
Right Wing Extremism is right in there with the rest of the mess.
This blog, “American Liberal Times,” recognizes the dangers posed to a traditional democratic republic such as The United States of America and it is to the task of exposing Wing Nuttery wherever it may be found in our daily life or in our government that “American Liberal Times” is dedicated.